Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
She's the First Summer Tweetup!
New York, NY
August 23, 2011
76 Ninth Avenue
Searching for something fun to do on August 23rd?
Join She's the First at Google for our Summer #CelebrateSTF Tweetup!
What you can expect...
- Premiere of the micromini-documentary "A Starfish Story: Francisca," which follows the day in the life of a Guatemalan girl sponsored by She's the First.
- Q&A with the 26-year-old filmmaker Kate Lord (@katelordphoto) & She's the First Executive Director Christen Brandt (@cjbrandt), who traveled to Guatemala in January.
- Special commentary on social action films from Christie Marchese (@ChristieM), of Righteous Pictures (@RighteousPix), who will give a sneak peek preview of their upcoming film, Web, a feature-length documentary on children's first experiences with Internet in the developing world. The clip will be followed by a Q&A with the award-winning director and producer pair as well as a brainstorm on campaign development.
- Learn how you can explore the world by traveling with She's the First, hosting your own fundraiser for a girl's sponsorship, or being a digital penpal with a girl.
- To walk away with at least one awesome new friend.
- Bragging rights that you were at Google, the gates to Internet heaven!
- Loads of tweets with hash tag #CelebrateSTF!
RSVP only if you know you can make it; please give 48 hours notice if your plans change.
THANKS TO OUR FOOD SPONSOR @bamiyannyc:
What's a Tweetup?!
During this event, we will be Tweeting using the hash tag #CelebrateSTF, just as we have at our past Tweetups. Even if you are not in NYC, you can participate in the discussion by following #CelebrateSTF tweets. You can even tweet in your own questions and comments, which our event leaders will share with our attendees.
What's the Goal?
This particular event is not a fundraiser. It's a networking and educational opportunity intended to build camaraderie and fuel the creativity of young women (and men!) who want to change the world -- by educating girls. We highlight social media and storytelling as a way to create social change.
Questions or Want to Get on the Wait List?
Email Kaitlin Cubria, email@example.com.
76 Ninth Avenue
She's the First
She’s the First is a social media savvy non-profit that sponsors girls’ education to create first-generation graduates in the developing world. We use peer-based education to empower and train young leaders in the U.S., who see the impact of their efforts through technology. It’s a crash course in skills that accelerates their future careers and shapes their social consciousness, developing the next generation of social entrepreneurs worldwide.